The Premium Collection, revered films across all genres celebrated in a Premium package set containing the film on Blu-ray, giving fans a must own version. Each release also includes a collectible slipcase and 4 collectible artcards featuring the films key art and theatrical poster.
Priest is a prince of the streets, a charismatic businessman who wants out of cocaine-dealing. But a mysterious kingpin doesn’t want Priest to change his ways. And that triggers murder, revenge and double crosses that push priest into a corner-and heat the neighbourhood to flash point. Superfly is one of the more eduring streetwise films of its era, due to the dynamic central performace of Ron O’Neal (Red Dawn, Original Gangstas), the sizzling score by Curtis Mayfield and the gritty direction of the late Gordon Parks, Jr (Three the Hard Way, Aaron Loves Angela). Super Fly is super entertainment with an idelible message. It’s life on the edge, put together by talents who know just how sharp it can get.
- One last deal: A retrospective documentary.
- Commentary by Dr. Todd Boyd, USC professor of cinema abd television and author of A I Black Enough For You: Popular culture from the ‘hood and beyond.
- Curtis Mayfield on Super Fly (Audio only)
- Behind the hog with Les Dunham
- Ron O’Neil on the making of Super Fly
- Costume designer Nate Adams goes behind the threads